Mule Deer 2Day hunt

DirtyMedic

Alright, so I am currently in El Paso, and drew McGregor range Mule Deer 19/20 December. I plan on getting out and scouting the weekends leading up to the hunt. This is a little (whole lot) from the white tail hunting I have done in the past. I have always hunted either in the woods, or on wood lines. I’ve been looking at spots within the area that I will be able to hunt on OnX to get an idea of where I might want to scout. That and people telling me where they have seen them in the past. I’ve got glass, and a rifle that can reach out to 500 if I had to. Meaning I am comfortable there and farther but would rather not have to take that long of a shot. Any and all advice is welcomed. Especially if you have hunted them in the area before. Trying to learn as much about the typical patterns muleys follow through the day.

That’s crazy! A two day hunt?

Pretty cool, should be easy to hunt the whole season 🤣

No advice, never been to NM, good luck, hope you have a great hunt!

That’s crazy! A two day hunt?

Pretty cool, should be easy to hunt the whole season 🤣

No advice, never been to NM, good luck, hope you have a great hunt!
I will definitely be there the whole season! I am hoping they will let me camp out there, apparently they are wishywashy about it. Just don’t want to have to drive back and forth each time. Hoping I can just wake up and get back in to it!

Back