Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MT Tag

I'm guessing they won't send them, at least that's what happened last year to us, had to pay the 5 bucks for a "replacement".......

Watching this thread so I can swipe the mail before I have some explaining to do with my wife lol.

If it’s capable of being messed up - MTFWP can do it without even saying “Here- Hold my beer”!

You can print them yourself now. The eliminated sending them out unless you requested it.

Not as of yesterday no
Has anyone received their MT paper tag?
Ok. Here is what I found out. If you want to print your own tag out go to the Montana wildlife website and log in.
Then go to MYFWP Menu
Click on View my information
Scroll down to "Click on Button to Request copy of your noncarcus tag to be emailed to you".
So you click on that button, check your email and print and you can also download your tag to a file on your computer of your choosing. That's what I did anyway and it worked.
Note- the button says (NON carcus tag), So I still have a question as to how to get a Carcus tag?

Last edited:
Has anyone received their MT paper tag?
As noted previously on how to print out your combo Elk tag I still had questions as to how to get
A Carcus Tag so I emailed Montana Fish and Parks and here is their reply:

RE: [EXTERNAL] Elk Combo Carcus tag?

Compton, Kelly <[email protected]>
3:44 PM (19 minutes ago)
to me

One will be mailed out to you- last I heard they were starting to mail them.

Have a great day!

Kelly Compton

Area Office Manager

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, Region 6

2165 US Hwy 2 East

Havre, MT 59501

(406) 265-6177

Remember you are supposed to put the tag in a ziplock sandwich baggie before you attach it to the animal. (This is if you print your own. Not sure if they mail out the water-resistant version.) I neglected to do this last year and my tag was completely unreadable by the time I got the animal packed out.

Remember you are supposed to put the tag in a ziplock sandwich baggie before you attach it to the animal. (This is if you print your own. Not sure if they mail out the water-resistant version.) I neglected to do this last year and my tag was completely unreadable by the time I got the animal packed out.
Or just "laminate" it with 3" clear packing tape. Works great been doing it on all my paper licenses here in WI and out west for awhile now.

I’ve heard murmurs that because of extremely low game numbers on public Montana fwp is considering keeping nonresidents money but not sending tags. I’m sure they will work it out at the commission meeting.

I’ve heard murmurs that because of extremely low game numbers on public Montana fwp is considering keeping nonresidents money but not sending tags. I’m sure they will work it out at the commission meeting.
They should do the same with resident tags . I mean that’s only about a case of old mill $ wise right lol

Back