MT mule deer, Gardiner elk permit removal, higher quotas, Heritage season

The Hedgehog

Can somebody help me out? Looking to get a smoke pole. Is this the right one? It's called the "deer" hunter, but it should work on elk too right?

Can somebody help me out? Looking to get a smoke pole. Is this the right one? It's called the "deer" hunter, but it should work on elk too right?

And it doesn't matter your experience. That right there is a big selling point. Do it. mtmuley

And it doesn't matter your experience. That right there is a big selling point. Do it. mtmuley
Make sure you verify the minimum requirements for elk (caliber per bullet type, or projectile weight) for where you plan to hunt, and what type of bullet you want to use.
This is Colorado’s for example.
  • For deer, antelope, and bear, a conical projectile must be at least .40 caliber and a round ball must be at least .50 caliber;
  • For elk and moose, conical bullets must be at least .50 caliber and round balls must be at least .54 caliber;
I use a .58 roundball for everything.

No, get a flintlock. Then you won’t need to worry about percussion caps and they are much easier anyway. You will love it. A smoothbore would be best.

Edit: way more lethal than any .30 caliber rifle as well. See the thread on which .30 cal to get. They should all just get a flintlock also

No, get a flintlock. Then you won’t need to worry about percussion caps and they are much easier anyway. You will love it. A smoothbore would be best.

Edit: way more lethal than any .30 caliber rifle as well. See the thread on which .30 cal to get. They should all just get a flintlock also

Flintlocks get even more deadlier when you wear buckskins, a racoon hat and smoke the pipe like those weird old white dudes who hold strong opinions about odd-ball calibers.

Also helps if you do civil war reenactment. +2 lethality.

Flintlocks get even more deadlier when you wear buckskins, a racoon hat and smoke the pipe like those weird old white dudes who hold strong opinions about odd-ball calibers.

Also helps if you do civil war reenactment. +2 lethality.
Yeah and moccasins. I can’t recommend those enough in snow…they double as skis…you’re going to be one deadly sob @Hopzone Freak Your welcome Buddy!

Deadly. Don’t even have to aim that one, just point and shoot and it’s game over. Just like our ancestors did!

Its all a joke but just when the guy gets the false hope going on mule deer changes there's a proposal by one of the biggest window lickers of em all to make Gardiner a 5 week general unit. Pretty unfuknreal
I finally know who you are! Freak month is really turning out to be a confusing some of a b. Influencers are smashing me in the nuts in ways I didn’t even see. Unreal

Pro tip #57. H1000 really makes them come alive

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back