Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

MT Hunt Roster

Beartooth83

How many of you guys put your name on the hunt roster? This was my first year doing so. I figured it would be something else to look forward to after so much denial in the other lotteries.

I did. Not sure why. I got a 410 one last season and the way it was divided up I thought kind of sucked. Was not how I thought it was going to be that's for sure. I suppose being able to hunt elk in February was kind of cool though.

I know a few guys who have had good luck with being on the roster. I just look at it as another opportunity and something to think about.

This year I am 21 out of 508 in an elk unit that frequently has damage hunts, so I am hopeful.

I have signed up every year since they started doing it. Have killed multiple elk and deer on them. I doubt I will get called this year... I am 1110 out of 1200 in the district this year!

I have signed up every year since they started doing it. Have killed multiple elk and deer on them. I doubt I will get called this year... I am 1110 out of 1200 in the district this year!

holy moly! I tried for deer and antelope this year for the first time as well. I am hopeful since the Antelope are causing problems in an area I know of this year. As for the deer. Not sure whats going to happen. I have not paid to much attention to my position in the roster this year.

I'm number 2 on the roster for deer in unit 170 and 61 on the roster for elk in unit 446. I assume it's antler less only on the roster hunts?

Hmmmm, whats the Hunt Roster?

It's basically a way of getting signed up for game damage hunts in Montana. You select the hunting district you want to participate in a damage hunt...you can choose a unique district for each elk, deer, and antelope. The lower number you are on the list the better your odds for getting selected (if a damage hunt occurs). You sign up June 15-July 15.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back