PEAX Equipment

MT bighorn pics

mtmiller

Hey fellas (and gals). Big game season is closed for me and the water is not hard yet, so I went out with a hunting bud and shot some rams with the camera. We did not run into any monsters, but had a good time none the less.

Here is a shot of some of the country we were in.
rams2004_12_11_195.sized.jpg

The first sheep we spotted were right on the river. They were not too worried, although they had been hunted up until the middle of last month. This guy was moving off the river to some steeper stuff. Luckily he was not hit by the pick-up. :rolleyes:
rams2004_12_11_18dad.sized.jpg

This guy walked by me once and then decided that he wanted to be on the other side of me after all. I was just glad he didn't run me over. Sorry about the poor centering job, he was moving quicker than me.
rams2004_12_11_84.sized.jpg

Here are a few more from the herd of 14. They crossed the fence one and then decided to come back and check me out. They must have heard that I am harmless.
rams2004_12_11_99.sized.jpg

Later on, we ran into this guy. He was solo and we actually rolled up to within 75 yards of him before he came into view. It was pretty windy, keeping most of the sheep in the coulees. The wind obviously helped us, as he didn't have a clue we we there for two or three minutes. Here is a shot of him when he finally busted us.
rams2004_12_11_218.sized.jpg

Soon after, he ran up the hill and studied us (and the red pickup). Eventually he became bored and bedded down.
rams2004_12_11_253.sized.jpg

It ended up being a good day, although I was not expecting the 62 degree day in mid-December and 40-50 mile/hour winds. :D

later all...

Cool pics MtMiller. These animals must know when its hunting season and when its not. Thanks for sharing the pics.:)
Quick Draw

Coool pics miller, for some reason the terrain look familiar.........

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back