Caribou Gear Tarp

MT Beartooth Mountains Spring Bears

kad1429

New to bear hunting and born and raised in Billings MT. I've shot one in the fall a few years ago. Had a tag in my pocket and just happened to run across him and it was all i seen. But I'm taking my dad to the Beartooths in May just south of Nye MT. Does anybody have any advice?

Yes, glass a lot. Get up high where you can see a lot of country and glass over open hillside. I see most of my bears in the afternoons/evenings. Warm sunny weather seems to bring them out too. You would think they are easy to see, but I've seen them just inside the timber, laying down below logs, rolling around where the only reason I saw them was relentless glassing.

I have never hear hunted there but I do know that is some seriously steep country. I'm sure there are bears in there

There are plenty of bears in every drainage in the beartooths. I doubt anyone's going to give you many specifics on their bear spots. Get out and walk. That's how I find them

I was just wondering if there where many bears there and if it was even worth going sense it's close big timber

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back