Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Moved to AZ

StHubert

Well, I just made the big move from North Dakota to Arizona. So far I have enjoyed hunting scorpions at night with a black light. I have joined the Arizona Elk Society and plan on doing volunteer work with them. I have to do some research on the tag system for ELk, mule deer and the other big game animals. I plan to hunt with rifle and archery equipment. Can anyone give me some general advice about hunting in Arizona. I did listen to Randy's Podcast about hunting in AZ. I would be interested in learning about:
Waterfowl
Sandhill Crane
Elk
Mule Deer
Javelina
Cous Deer
Or anything else that might be fun to hunt.

Thank you,
Steve

Get your hunters ed class done. That gives you one point every year for all species. Put in every year for the loyalty point. You can hunt geese out at Cibola, pond jump ducks, hunt quail, hunt dove. Hunt elk, deer and javelina if you get drawn. It took me 7 years to get the bull archery elk tag I have now. Cow is easier to draw. We have archery deer over the counter for the next two weeks. Put in for 12AW for mule deer. Hard to draw but lots of deer. You will figure it out soon enough. Good luck.

Put in for archery Javelina,And purchase a OTC tag for deer.You can hunt both at the same time,sweet deal.I do it every year.Been succesful on pigs but not deer..Yet.Send me a PM.dirtclod Az.:cool:

Buy the lifetime license. If someday move so are no longer a resident of AZ then you still apply as if a resident for tag allocation but pay the non-resident price. Reminder: Residents draw 9 tags for every 1 tag a non-resident draws.

There are bird hunts in AZ, also.

LopeHunter is correct.Dove season opens Sept.1,2018' Gotta go,everyone does.Oct 2018'Quail season opens.Might be a little tough this year do to the ongong drought.:cool:

Well, I just made the big move from North Dakota to Arizona. So far I have enjoyed hunting scorpions at night with a black light. I have joined the Arizona Elk Society and plan on doing volunteer work with them. I have to do some research on the tag system for ELk, mule deer and the other big game animals. I plan to hunt with rifle and archery equipment. Can anyone give me some general advice about hunting in Arizona. I did listen to Randy's Podcast about hunting in AZ. I would be interested in learning about:
Waterfowl
Sandhill Crane
Elk
Mule Deer
Javelina
Cous Deer

Thank you,
Steve

Some deer tags are OTC!

OTC Deer in Az. tags can be purchased at any time.Draw tags are being accepted now.:cool:

I live in Waddell, which is just west of Phoenix. I will probably only have time for bird hunting this year. As I am getting my step son into hunting. We plan to take the hunter safety down here together.

Waterfowl
Sandhill Crane
Elk
Mule Deer
Javelina
Cous Deer

Thank you,
Steve
welcome

Back