Caribou Gear Tarp

Mountain Lions and Bighorn Sheep tonight on NatGeo Wild ...

Lv2hnt

I spent 4 days last week chasing lions on the eastern edge of the North Kaibab with a couple friends and their dogs. Found tracks of quite a few lions, including a few big toms. Dry ground (dirt, no snow), on foot. Due to various circumstances, no lions treed (which is v-e-r-y unusual for my friends). We really wanted to go after one particular tom, but he headed to the lip of the Grand Canyon (not a hunt we relished). We did spend most of several days hot on foot after the dogs, after dumping them on tracks (not fresh) we thought they might catch lions on. But the cats lucked out --- we lost them up in the rocks. Deer country there, no sheep.

Anyway, my friends helped out Ariz. G&F a while back, catching a couple lions during filming with Casey Anderson for NatGeoWild. Lions have had a real impact on desert sheep here in Arizona. The show, "Mountain Lions and Bighorn Sheep" will be re-broadcast at 10 P.M. MDST tonight (Wed. Mar. 25). The bloodied hound, Rosie, along with most of the hounds on the show, were up with us last week.

Tough catching lions in the desert ... on me for sure! ;)

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back