Mother's Day meals

Dave N

What ya' got planned for today? We have a shrimp cocktail appetizer in the fridge, with a smoked prime rib entree currently getting delicious outside. Pairing that with garlic shrimp scampi, stuffed twice-baked potatoes and fresh asparagus cut from the patch in the back yard. Pics will hopefully happen as time rolls around.

No pictures so the calories don’t count… We did ribeyes, baked potatoes, asparagus, a salad and homemade cookies. Now I’m trying to figure out how to stay awake through this race 🤔

Luckily I'm single, my baby mommas don't live near me, and my mom is 1600 miles away....so I'm making myself a steak for mother's day since 'mother' is only half of the word people use about me ;)
Technically you can use that pair of words for all fathers so I doubt they mean it in a bad way.

Brunch: blueberry pancakes, home fried potatoes, sausage patties and fried eggs sunny side up.

Dinner: venison piccata, angel hair pasta, fresh pineapple and Italian salad.

Had my parents, wife’s parents, a nephew, my brother, and a family friend over for Lunch:

appetizer - fried quail legs

Salad- mixed greens, Gorgonzola, strawberries, pear, candied pecans, basalmic vingerette. (basically I tried to recreate the girliest salads my wife orders)

Bacon wrapped cream cheese/mushroom/onion/cilantro stuffed quail bombs (unbelievable good)

Spinach

NY strips

baked potatoes w/all the fixings

cheesecake sampler platter from Cheesecake Factory

didn’t occur to me to take a dang picture of the food!

Surf N’ Turf!

Ribeye and lobster;

sous vide’d lobster for an hour at 134 sealed with butter and Ol’ Bays seasoning. Ribeye seared then smoked until perfection. With corn on the cob and onions with red peppers! It was gone before a chance for a picture!!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back