PEAX Equipment

More poaching nonsense

Sad to see someone from Georgia wrapped up in the mess as we’ll but it doesn’t surprise me. It’s the wild west down here when it comes to deer hunting.

I love the fact that ISP was using an aircraft for surveillance related to illegal deer hunting. Up here in Chicago, police aircraft are used in a very different manner. Just shows how diverse and different various parts of this state are.

I love the fact that ISP was using an aircraft for surveillance related to illegal deer hunting. Up here in Chicago, police aircraft are used in a very different manner. Just shows how diverse and different various parts of this state are.
I'd imagine they are being used to count bodies instead of herd numbers

I'm amazed they have enough budget to pay for 100LL or Jet A to look for feeders.

The article said aerial survey. Didn't say airplane. I know the Wi DNR has been using drones to bust people for baiting. They can fly lower and they are pretty much silent from the ground if they have the right props. Plus they can record gps locations and take video. The illegal baiting is out of hand in Wisconsin and they are handling out tickets left and right. Some people are so bold they have huge corn or pumpkin piles that you can see from the road.

The article said aerial survey. Didn't say airplane. I know the Wi DNR has been using drones to bust people for baiting. They can fly lower and they are pretty much silent from the ground if they have the right props. Plus they can record gps locations and take video. The illegal baiting is out of hand in Wisconsin and they are handling out tickets left and right. Some people are so bold they have huge corn or pumpkin piles that you can see from the road.
“Three days prior, Illinois State Police airplanes conducted aerial surveillance and reported possible illegal baiting at those properties.”

This is truly shocking based on the stories posted out here on Wisco hunters.

I live on a farm in Wisconsin, I hunt surrounded by "bait fields". Why one would need artificial bait around here boggles my mind, but they do a ton of it!

Back