More on the ATV rule

Idaho Ron

Here is a interesting problem with the ATV rule.
Lets say the area you are in has the ATV rule in place for all hunting. Lets say you walk out to a corn field. You ask Mr farmer to hunt he says sure! Hop in the cab of this corn picker. I will give you a ride to the other end of the field.
These two men just broke the law!
Lets say you ask Mr Farmer to go goose hunting. You haul your decoys to the center of the field and drop them off.
BUSTED!!! if the rule includes ALL hunting you are BUSTED! So far the rule has been for specific hunts. The unit 47 ATV rule is for Big game and Upland game waterfowl will follow.
As soon as you get into or onto a vehicle and travel where there is not road you are busted EVEN on private land in a corn field. Before you flame me Call the F&G ask if private land is included. I did and they said it was!
I also asked if Bear hunters were going to be included. It depends who you ask. Hound hunters can use trucks and ATV's to chase the hounds right NOW! They do it all the time. A bird hunter chasing a pointer is breaking the law. WHY? shouldn't the law be the same? Ron

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back