Moose pictures

Muledeer4me

14869Moose_Hunt_2004-med.jpg

Steve with our son Bill and grandson Cody with Bill's archery moose.

14869Bill_and_Cody-med.jpg

Bill and Cody after I hiked up to the downed moose with Cody.

14869notching_the_tag-med.jpg

This was such a great hunt for all of us ,we got to take 4 year old Cody along ,so he got a lession in scouting,stalking,tracking ,as well as how and why we buy a tag and the notching of the tag ,to field dressing the moose and packing it out and not the process of butchering it .
I tried to let Cody be involved in as much as I could so he would understand the whole process and why we hunt from start to finish (packing for the trip to eating the meat.)
It all went great,the only thing missing was our 9 yearl old granddaughter Sidney (she was in school)

14869Steve_and_his_bull-med.jpg

He is a picture of Steve's bull.
They were both real happy with there choice to not even take a gun along LOL I wanted to bring my rifle but they didnt want to be tempted to use it as they wanted to get there moose with a bow.
Our son Bill was close 25 yards)to two trophy class moose over the 8 days we were there but could not get a clear shot.
Sure was fun seeing it all.

[ 10-25-2004, 12:41: Message edited by: Muledeer4me ]

Muledeer4me.. Those are moments that will last a lifetime. That truly is a blessing that you got to share all that with your son and his son. I am sure you will all treasure that hunt for a long long time as if it was yesterday. Always next year for the grandaughter
Good job passing it on to the kids. They are our future sportsmen and sportswomen. ;)

Nice pics, congrats to the guys. Not many people can say they got their moose with a bow, the smiles tell it all.

Gotta respect his choice of weapons for sure!! great job on a fine bowkill

Back