Caribou Gear

Moose Pic

DavidAk

Howdy everyone,

Just got my first look at the mount of a moose I took a couple years ago, it was shipped to a friend's house when finished, and I just saw it yesterday...thought I'd share a quick photo of it..

good hunting,
dave

f96b9bec.jpg

Dave... Nice looking moose. How big is the town of Wasilla? just wondering if you may know a friend of mine up there.

Thanks, I was happy with him. My brother and a friend called him in to me. He approached us in some thick brush, getting within about 20 yards but I didn't really get a good chance to shoot. Then he circled downwind and poked his head and neck out of the trees about 150 yards away. A 180gr Nosler from my '06 did a number on his spine and he dropped instantly.

My brother got some great video footage of it.

Ridge,
Not sure how many people live in Wasilla, but I always say Alaska is the smallest town I know of...let me know your friend's name and I'll see if I know him..

dave

Dave.... His name is Bob Dodd. He has been living up there for about 20yrs now and going up there before that for about 10.

I don't know the name, but I've only lived in Wasilla about 3 years...was in Anchorage for 20 years before that. I'll ask a couple buddies..

dave

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back