Wild Alaskan Salmon Seafood

Moose Pic

DavidAk

Howdy everyone,

Just got my first look at the mount of a moose I took a couple years ago, it was shipped to a friend's house when finished, and I just saw it yesterday...thought I'd share a quick photo of it..

good hunting,
dave

f96b9bec.jpg

Ridge Runner

Dave... Nice looking moose. How big is the town of Wasilla? just wondering if you may know a friend of mine up there.

DavidAk

Thanks, I was happy with him. My brother and a friend called him in to me. He approached us in some thick brush, getting within about 20 yards but I didn't really get a good chance to shoot. Then he circled downwind and poked his head and neck out of the trees about 150 yards away. A 180gr Nosler from my '06 did a number on his spine and he dropped instantly.

My brother got some great video footage of it.

Ridge,
Not sure how many people live in Wasilla, but I always say Alaska is the smallest town I know of...let me know your friend's name and I'll see if I know him..

dave

Ridge Runner

Dave.... His name is Bob Dodd. He has been living up there for about 20yrs now and going up there before that for about 10.

DavidAk

I don't know the name, but I've only lived in Wasilla about 3 years...was in Anchorage for 20 years before that. I'll ask a couple buddies..

dave

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbl-Lung