Caribou Gear Tarp

Moose in Northwest Ontario

IndyJay

Anybody out there ever hunt moose in Northwestern Ontario? I'm thinking about heading up to Lake of the Woods and flying north from there for the 2002 season and wanted to check...

Thanks,

I live in Northwestern Ont guite aways east of Lake of the Woods. Killed a few over the last 30 years--the trouble with Non-resident huntin is that you have to go through an outfitter--makes it expensive and some are rip-off artists. good Luck--Karl

I could be wrong, but always had the impression their license system was "different". Sounded to me like a group of 4 might have one bull tag and one cow or calf tag.......
Like I said, that may not be right but it's what I've heard.

Thanks Karl... my parents live on Lake of the Woods and I'm pretty familiar with the folks who would outfit me. I don't like it that I have to use a licensed outfitter at all. Adding to that expense and pain are the new registration laws! I can't even borrow a rifle of my step-fathers' without paying a charge!

Indy.. When ya Go.. Let us Know How it Went.. I want to Head up there Some time too!!!!!!

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

No problem Moosie, be more than happy to. Still an outside chance I'll get up there this fall for black bear. Pretty sure my step-father and another hunting buddy are going to. I'll provide a full report on that as well.

Guess I'd be interested to hear a report as well. I live in Minnesota and spend lots of fishing time in Ontario. Used to do a bit of duck & grouse hunting on & around Lake of the Woods as well, but not in the last four or five years.

Got the moose hunting itch recently and have just started checking out options. Definitely not a fan of the new gun laws ...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back