Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MOOSE hunting

BW

Just thought I'd share my moose plans with you. As you know, moose are not that high up on my list of big game animals that I feel the need to kill.

I'm a self-admitted, unabashed, trophy hunter, and moose are more meat than
I like to deal with on a yearly basis.
smile.gif

Let's say your in prime moose habitat. It's mostly flat for miles, with lot's of thick brush, rivers, sloughs, swamps, and some spruce trees. Would a large hill like this be a good spot to camp near, and glass from?...

fc68f2a1.jpg

What if that hill (about 500-750ft elevation I'm guessing) had a cabin nearby like this one...

fc692ac8.jpg

Wouldn't it be great if that cabin was really close to that hill...

fc68f2a3.jpg

Finally, what if there was a real nice airstrip right next to the cabin, where a air-taxi operator could land...

fc694463.jpg

Gee, the only thing that could be better, is if the moose were nearby! Well, I didn't get the camera up in time, but there where moose there today!!!

I know, it's a lazy alternative, but somebody's gotta do it!

Thanks for making my post work Moosie!

This place wouldn't work for you, as there's no caribou for several hundred miles.

Take it easy...

HEHE.. Actually were we're gonig Moose hunting there isn't an y 'Bou either.... We're getting picked up after 9 days afield and moving to a 'bou spot....

THANX you for the pictures.. I'm sure you got some cool ones, Post away bro, Jsut make sure there is less then 8 in the post
wink.gif

Yep, that looks to be a dandy place to me...Thanks for the pics and the meandering story of what if's...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

No problem ELKCHSR.

Just trying to pull Moosies chain a little.
smile.gif

Of course, it doesn't seem to have worked. That Moosie's a tough one!

Everytime I pulled the chain, I just got a flushing noise!

smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back