Montana

birddog32

Just returned from my first trip to Montana. Daughter in AF at Great Falls with grandsons there. Couldn't get up Smith Creek road to check out things had family car instead of truck. Did get to Cataract Falls and up Elk Creek pass. What alot of snow left!!!
Saw alot of antelope on way along 200 west. What a beautiful state. Just speechless at times.
Got grandsons down to Lake Holter near Craig and caught some dandy rainbows using bobbers and crawlers. What a treat watching 9 and 7 yr olds reeling in a 23 inch rainbow on ultralight equip.
Coming back in Sept to elk and mule deer hunt. Now in the process of trying to talk the wifey into letting me retire and selling the place and moving to Montana. I thought I loved Wisconsin, but I'm sure jealous of all you Montana folk. Beautiful place and friendly people.

All that you referred to is what compensates for long winters and low paying jobs. If you can remember May through November in February you can make it through the winter.

We're looking at runoff until August this year. That means two good months of mountain stream fishing. I've been tying so many bugs to stay sane that I have a lifetime's worth. Now, if I could just get out and USE them!

I have a big lot for sale in Valier with all utilities and ready to build your retirement home. The down-turn in real estate values put an end to my plans. What the wife and I had planned for retirement ain't gonna happen. Thanks G.W.

Montana will grab hold of your heart and never let go. Definitely retire there, we are. It's an amazing place.

Thanks for the offer HuntRme, but if things work out am seriously thinking of buying my daughters place after she gets deployed to Afghanistan or UAE, and returns home to her next duty station. Can't get that place out of my mind.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back