Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana Rifle Co.

While I don't own one, I've had a good chance to fondle and play with a few rifles from MRC. On the American Standard, I was honestly a bit disapointed with the rifle. The fit and finish wasn't really noticeably better than a CZ 550, Kimber 84/8400 or modern production M70. The action was rougher than either the Kimber or the Winchester, and though I'm sure it would break in, I find myself struggling to find a good reason to buy a rifle in this day and age that needed work to smooth up the action. The wood was quite plain, the bluing was nice. Were I in the market for a new crf rifle, I'd be more apt to look at a new production Winchester, or a Sako 85. I'm sure they are accurate rifles, but I wouldn't be willing to venture that they are more accurate than the other rifles mentioned above.

Not sure if you have one near by, but Most Cabelas stores shelf stock a few rifles from MRC. That is where I've been able to find the ones I played with.

Thanks MKotur. That is exactly the kind of input I was looking for. I had myself 99% convinced to pick up a CZ 550. My local gun shop has one on the shelf,and it honestly the thing is pretty darn nice. Well finished and a not too shabby piece of walnut on it. About $800 out the door. Then I started thinking the MRC would be a notch better. Maybe I just need to stick to plan "A".

Good Choice! I've yet to meet a CZ long arm I don't like. I've been running a CZ ringneck double 12 since 2004 and it's yet to let me down.

First shotgun I was ever able to carry 50% with through a bird season. it was 32 shells fired for 16 Huns and Sharptails.

I spent a few years in a sporting goods store selling firearms and have grown quite particular. I've still yet to meet a CZ long arm that I didn't like. You should see their rimfire accuracy. It's insane, like nearly as accurate as an Anchutz for less than half the money.

Good Choice! I've yet to meet a CZ long arm I don't like. I've been running a CZ ringneck double 12 since 2004 and it's yet to let me down.

First shotgun I was ever able to carry 50% with through a bird season. it was 32 shells fired for 16 Huns and Sharptails.

I spent a few years in a sporting goods store selling firearms and have grown quite particular. I've still yet to meet a CZ long arm that I didn't like. You should see their rimfire accuracy. It's insane, like nearly as accurate as an Anchutz for less than half the money.

I have a CZ 452 (?). .22 LR. It is remarkabley accurate. 1 ragged hole at 25 yards.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back