Caribou Gear

Montana Quandry

Ballistic

After being shut out in New Mexico for several years I decided I'm tired of waiting to hunt the west. I have a cousin in Billings that has enticed me to come to Montana and hunt. I knew they hunted but I would not say they are serious about it. The plan was initially going to hunt a ranch they work for some pretty decent deer but now they say they want to hunt Elk further west. The area they describe looks to be unit 360, this appears to have some Bulls but it also appears heavily hunted. Should I stop by and visit, then strike out on my own? Or is this a unit I should consider staying in? I am equally interested in the Deer hunting as the Elk

I would have preferred to have all this ironed out months ago, which is why I usually hunt alone.

Last edited:
360 has a lot of hunters, but also has a lot of elk. Deer hunting is pretty so-so in that neck of the woods.

Guess if it were me ...I would hunt for elk first and just stop by the ranch on the way home and shoot a nice 30" er and head home smiling !!!
360 is some nice country ..but as said ..lots of hunters .
Im sure you will have a great time anyway.

MT.PERCHMAN

I would hunt with your cousin. You can learn about the unit and have someone to show you the area.
You also have the ranch to fall back on for deer.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back