Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana Preference Points??

SteelWool

How can Montana allow tags to be awarded to applications with zero points when the applicants with 1 preference point didn’t draw?

Attachments

• 91BD85E1-065C-49BE-8993-0180794FA534.png
    91BD85E1-065C-49BE-8993-0180794FA534.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
From the FWP website:

Distribution of Licenses

Seventy-five percent of the nonresident combination licenses will be issued to individuals with preference points and 25 percent will be issued to those applicants who do not have preference points.

From the FWP website:

Distribution of Licenses

Seventy-five percent of the nonresident combination licenses will be issued to individuals with preference points and 25 percent will be issued to those applicants who do not have preference points.
That adds up. Kinda crazy.

I'm still wrapping my head around the MT preference point process. I drew a deer combo last year, bought a preference point over the summer, and just now bought a point when I applied. So I hunted in 2019 and am going into the 2020 draw with two points.

I'm still wrapping my head around the MT preference point process. I drew a deer combo last year, bought a preference point over the summer, and just now bought a point when I applied. So I hunted in 2019 and am going into the 2020 draw with two points.
Yeh . Nothing hard about it . ? U can buy one pp per year . U didn’t buy one at time of app last year so u got lucky and drew with 0 pp . U then bought one in July and another just now at time of app . That makes 2 . I did same exact thing a few years ago

Yeh . Nothing hard about it . ? U can buy one pp per year . U didn’t buy one at time of app last year so u got lucky and drew with 0 pp . U then bought one in July and another just now at time of app . That makes 2 . I did same exact thing a few years ago
I guess it's the idea that you can successfully draw and go again the next year with 2 points. Everywhere else I apply, if you draw you're going into the next year with zero points.

Oh, and I did buy a point prior to the 2019 draw as well, but it was during the summer purchase period.

I guess it's the idea that you can successfully draw and go again the next year with 2 points. Everywhere else I apply, if you draw you're going into the next year with zero points.

Oh, and I did buy a point prior to the 2019 draw as well, but it was during the summer purchase period.
Yeh I agree . But you still only purchased one per year . U purchased one in summer of 18 so last year you had 1 . Then it went to 0 when u drew . Then u bought one in July to go back to 1 and now u bought another at time of app so it equals 2 . If I draw now (you will) you will go into next year with 0 cuz u can’t buy one this summer but u can buy one at time of app next year . It is a screwy way of doing it now doubt

Reactions: LCH
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back