Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana opening day deer picture

Thanks for the compliments folks.

Kiwi-actually the blood on the shoulder came from the .280 hole in the neck. I spotted this buck, and 7 or 8 others the day before (season closed) and watched them for about an hour at 1/2 mile. There was a pretty good five point in the group that was still shedding velvet, but this guy was probably the best in the bunch.

I camped out for the night and was set up 1.4 miles in before light. As things brightened a noticed a couple of familiar bucks about 600 yards away, so I put on the sneek. When I got set up there were 15-20 deer in the open but I couldn't find this guy at first. Unfortunately I was busted by a doe who would not take her eyes off me and I was not able to get any closer. I wasn't too worried since he was at ~350 yards and moving towards me. After about 5 minutes and 50 yards closer the bitch doe started running around and all the deer were getting nervous. My only shot was a frontal so I plugged him about midway up the neck. It has been awhile since I have had a deer run after the shot, but this guy probably made it 60 yards before he lost his legs.

After a few pictures I hiked back to the truck and found a road within 1/2 mile of the buck. I loaded him on a sled and had him in the pickup 45 minutes later.

Oh yeh, I did get a poke in. Guess it has been awhile, I did not put on a very good show and only lasted 30 seconds or so. :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyaddof
Back