Yeti GOBOX Collection

Montana mule deer rant

Fuk, you should see him in the field when you piss him off.....

#montanamasterhunterprogram
I forget what I said but I know it wasn’t much, said worse on here but my hunt talk account hasn’t been working for several months either so maybe I’m the problem. Anybody that sends me a PM I can’t open it.

I forget what I said but I know it wasn’t much, said worse on here but my hunt talk account hasn’t been working for several months either so maybe I’m the problem. Anybody that sends me a PM I can’t open it.
I know, I was kidding.

Said he spent 12 days in deer camp, sometimes you gotta just be okay with not punching a tag.
True, but some people like hunting high country some people like hunting private land high dollar leases, some people even enjoy the experiences of a sub division. I’m ok with eating my tag he seems excited with his deer. We can’t judge people who want to shoot mule deer with high powered rifles during the rut when they won’t run even with warning shots. Hunting is conservation.

How about no public land mule deer doe tags unless over objective, mandatory harvest reporting and if you kill a buck this year you aren’t eligible for a tag the following year. Might make a few people more selective and still gives people plenty of opportunity. Would really show who the people are that say “it’s not about the kill” yet punch their tag last day of the season every year. Wonder how most Montanans would go for that because let’s be honest FWP isn’t going to a single thing to help the mule deer unless non resident tags go unsold. It’s all about opportunity herd health be damned

Back on track. This year has been the most chatter around Baker that I’ve heard from people talking about we need to quit with the mule deer doe tags and end rifle rut hunting than ever before. Hopefully these people don’t have a short memory
So have I, This chatter is exponentially higher than when I first started to suggest we needed to change things up to maintain what we had in the 90's.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back