MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana License ?

dustinf

Just double checking I have everything I need, as far as paperwork in the field goes.

I have my: Conservation license, Hunting Access enhancement, and sheep license.

I don't know if I need my hunter safety card, but I always take it to be safe.

Anything missing? I've read the regs three times, but feel like I'm missing something.

Last edited:
You do not need to take your hunter safety card with you. You're doing the unlimited hunt, right? Do you have a sat phone that you could check the hotline periodically while you're back there? The season closes on 24 hour notice if I recall correctly.

Make sure you read the harvest reporting requirements and can judge a legal ram. Take your bear spray and a camera.

I can't wait to read your story afterwards!

Good luck and be safe.

The biologist couldn't tell me not to buy one, but he said they don't live where I'm going.

If your talking about the unlimited sheep units down by YNP that bio is full of crap. There are quite a few more wolves than sheep in that country.

Here are the biologist's exact words. He knows exactly where I'm going to be in the unit, so maybe he meant where I'm going specifically. He has no motivation to discourage me from buying a wolf tag, and I believe what he told me.

Minimal numbers of wolves. I don’t think you will see one. However, if you do see one and don’t have a tag my name will be mud!

My other problem is I'll be at least 1 very long day walk from my vehicle, what do I do if I kill a wolf? Take 2 days out of my hunt to pack it out? I'd love to kill one, but I am there to hunt sheep.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back