Montana Elk Hunting (Funny)

Only one I have not seen in NM is the elephant.
Saw a tank once on a Sierra logging road...

"What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun."

Ecclesiastes 1:9

I've got some old Wyoming Wildlife Magazines from the '30's & '40's where they discuss a lot of the same problems we have today, and the minutes from the 80's Landowner/Hunter summit read like a thread on Hunt Talk.

View attachment 304092
Does anyone remember when the lama came through a game check station with an elk tag on it.

Before the internet, in NE Oregon there were some "Portland hunters" who stopped in at a local gas station and asked to see some elk photos pinned on the trophy board, so they'd know what to look for. I assume it was like that just about everywhere with city hunters. Thanks goodness we now have Instagram to show us how its done.

Before the internet, in NE Oregon there were some "Portland hunters" who stopped in at a local gas station and asked to see some elk photos pinned on the trophy board, so they'd know what to look for. I assume it was like that just about everywhere with city hunters. Thanks goodness we now have Instagram to show us how its done.
I would suspect technology advancements is the difference between now and then. Probably why our big game herd suffers. Hopefully this will be addressed in the near future.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back