Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana cow tags

Wife and I both drew breaks tags. Last year they allowed a second cow with general.

My son and I both drew B tags this year, while my wife and I had the same B tag last year. Timing should work well as we'll finish up the meat from both our 2020 cow elk right about the time season starts. Best of luck to everyone.

Struck out on elk B. Why are antelope and super tag chance still pending?

Struck out on elk B. Why are antelope and super tag chance still pending?
I think the super tags are drawn sometime in July and Antelope doesn't hit until August. Montana doesn't do game surveys for antelope until real late so the draw doesn't happen until that is complete

Did I screw something up? My buddy and I drew as a party with no points. Didn’t draw a big game combo so threw our names in the hat for a B tag and got it. Strangely excited about it.

Did I screw something up? My buddy and I drew as a party with no points. Didn’t draw a big game combo so threw our names in the hat for a B tag and got it. Strangely excited about it.
Some b tags are 100% draw all depends on area . If it’s high % draw there’s usually a reason ....

I have a 004-00 tag and am brand new to elk hunting (as my username suggests, used to chasing whitetails out east). I'm limited to BMA/BLM/state/private land with this tag. Looking to archery hunt in just a few weeks, any advice on habitat I should be focusing on? happy hunting all

I have a 004-00 tag and am brand new to elk hunting (as my username suggests, used to chasing whitetails out east). I'm limited to BMA/BLM/state/private land with this tag. Looking to archery hunt in just a few weeks, any advice on habitat I should be focusing on? happy hunting all
I'd be calling the biologist for the area.

Got a 333 B cow elk tag. Never hunted the area but looking forward to the adventure :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back