Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana Cow Elk advice

gschuster97

I am looking to do a last minute diy cow elk hunt in Montana in two weeks. I have never hunted out West so a large portion of the trip will be about learning and gaining some experience along with hopefully shooting a cow. I am looking at leftover B tags (004-00, 005-00, and 595-00), does anyone have any experience or advice for Regions 4 and 5? Advice on must have gear would be appreciated as well, we are planning on hiking in a few miles the first day and setting up a base camp.

Neither of those b tags are valid on national forest land or Fwp wma’s or , the cmr refuge in region 4. They are good only on private , blm , or block management. Just so you know ahead of time

I noticed that. I am assuming that means less land to hunt and less chance of an elk. Thanks for the information.

Just make sure if the block mgmt is Type 2 you do what is needed to 'register' to get in there before hand. If you have onx, it has the link for what is required for each Type 2 within the app when you click on it.

Just make sure if the block mgmt is Type 2 you do what is needed to 'register' to get in there before hand. If you have onx, it has the link for what is required for each Type 2 within the app when you click on it.
I was going to buy the OnX chip for my Garmin. Is this info on the chip also?

I would doubt it as when you access via the app or desktop version when you click on the block mgmt area it has a link to the PDF doc for that area that has the specific regs.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back