Montana Bear Episode

JKB

Well this will be my first post on this site. I hang out over at Monster Muleys but am getting sick of all the crap that goes on over there. It has gotten to the point where you can't even post pictures because someone always has something negative to say. The people on this site seem to be more my kind of people, people who just enjoy the hunt. Anyways I have been watching and recording every episode of On Your Own Adventures since I first saw it on the outdoor channel. I am really excited about today’s episode and can't wait to see it tonight when I get home. I have been coming to Montana for 3 years hunting black bears. I have hunting in the spring and fall every year. I have yet to put a tag on one but I have had many blown stalks in the spring. I haven't really figured the bears out in the fall; I actually haven't seen a bear in the fall but will be up there again this fall giving it a try. This year I tried calling a lot more and actually had pretty good success, my brother in-law shot a nice chocolate bear that came to the call. We also had 2 wolves, a mountain lion, 1 grizzly and several small black bears come in throughout the week. I can tell you that having a grizzly come in was pretty intense and I was happy when he decided to leave. I had never been interested in hunting bears until one spring I decided to try it and now I am hooked I would rather be bear hunting than anything else. Hopefully in a few weeks I will be back in Montana hunting bears. Until then I will just have to watch this week’s episode. Oh, and if anyone has any pointers on fall bears I am all ears. I am hunting southwest Montana.

Welcome! I think you'll find the people on here very avid hunters. We're all just interested in seeing each other succedd. I think you'll find the bear episode pretty cool to watch. There are some great bear hunters on this site and most are willing to give out advice. Just don't ask for exact areas to hunt:D Post pictures of past hunts and don't be afraid to share anything from this upcoming season with us. It's how we get our fix.

Yes, welcome aboard! Enjoy OYOA where you rarely get censored and are free (encouraged!) to post pics and stories. We've got a good crew here so pull up a chair and hang out a while.

Back