Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana Antelope

OpenCountry

I don't have much experience with estimating antelope bucks so I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I've seen a lot of posts with guys giving their input on antelope and figured I'd throw these two bucks into the mix. I've been scouting the area a lot over the last 6 weeks and these two seem to be the biggest I've come across. It's a giant area and between my bull tag I'm hoping to sneak out for a little more scouting before rifle season opens. The first buck has a little bit of a unique factor that is pretty cool. I believe his mass and prongs are both good. He seems to be lacking in the length department. The second buck seems to have better length but mass isn't as good. I apologize for the fuzziness in the pictures. I haven't bought any type of attachment for my spotting scope yet. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• #1 Buck Rear.jpg
    #1 Buck Rear.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 527
  • #1 Buck Side.jpg
    #1 Buck Side.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 538
  • #1 Buck.jpg
    #1 Buck.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 525
  • #2 Buck Front.jpg
    #2 Buck Front.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 532
  • #2 Buck Side.jpg
    #2 Buck Side.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 535
Both are nice bucks. I love how the first one angles forward.

I don't know a thing about pronghorns but if you don't shoot the first one I'll gladly put my tag on those horns

I'm not even going to pretend like I can score one, but those both look really nice. I love the cutters on that first one!

I would be following that top buck like a rutted up Muley on a hot does ass until opening day!!

I think you're going to get a lot of guys telling you that those are good bucks in MT and most would be happy to hang a tag on one of those.

That first buck looks really cool. Like mentioned above, I would be all over him. Good luck to you

Thanks guys, scouting has been a little rough with the antelope still trying to bounce back.

We spent the three day weekend out scouting antleope. Perhaps my expectation was a tad bit on the high end, we didn't see near the number of antelope that I was hoping for. Don't get me wrong; there are still antelope around, but not the quantity/quality of the old days...

PS - For the record, I'd go after the top one.

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back