PEAX Equipment

montana antelope

billy-bob8

I am considering a rifle antelope hunt in Montana but havent a clue as to what unit to apply to. I just would like a quality experience, in an area that has public land access and an opportunity at a mature buck. (dont we all ) I am willing to put forth the effort, hiking, glassing, stalking, ect. Road hunting is not my thing. Im open to any and all sugestions. What about the same info for Wyoming? Preferance point info. to draw appreciated Billy-Bob8

For starters you're going to have to learn to like road hunting. Window mounts and beer coolers are necessary accessories. Don't pretend that's a turn-off. Great public land access, good bucks, and fair draw odds are in 650. Some of the units with lots of goats with higher draw odds have less public, generally, such as 700 and 530. Wyoming has a similar link on their G&F website.
http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/planahunt/drawingStatistics/antelope.html

Pretty much any unit in WY will provide what you have indicated. Montana would be better if you drew something south of Highway 2 and East of Highway 191. Good animals outside those areas, but access gets even more difficult.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back