Caribou Gear

Model Call

thomas89

Looking to pull the trigger on some higher end hunting clothes and have settled on Sitka.

The main piece I’m looking at is the Jetstream jacket. I was able to try this on at a local store but am not convinced as to the sizing. I am probably between a XL and XXL, and could probably go for a tall in the XL. The issue I’m having is it seems that if I get the XXL to layer comfortably underneath, the coat is rather baggy with just a thinner base layer on that I’m not crazy about. The XL had room for the kelvin active jacket underneath but that was about it. Perhaps I’m looking too much into this as I spent my morning looking at dudes in Sitka more than I’d care to admit so I figured I’d just ask and get it over with.

When in doubt, get the size larger when it comes to jackets. If there are internal pockets on the jacket or any layer below then can get snug as move on uneven or steep terrain. For example, My brother often tucks his binos inside his jacket for several minutes at a time. He puts his iPhone in an internal pocket. His glasses. A Payday bar. If you start out snug then as your overload layers or tuck items inside you are compressing your layers. I would rather deal with some wind gaps if is at times a bit too loose that often you can deal with by tightening a drawstring.

Thanks for the replies, gents. Just ordered the XXL Jetstream. Think I’m going to hold off on the Kelvin series of mid layer and go with a light down jacket I’m eyeing on Eddie Bauer’s site.

Upgrading wardrobes is $$$ 😅

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back