Missionary Ridge/Henderson Lakes Roads

WesNVA

Will be hunting CO Unit 75 late September for elk this year. Was wondering if anyone is familiar with the Missionary Ridge and Henderson Lake roads and could tell me what kind of shape they are usually in that time of year. Thanks.

I've traveled Missionary Ridge throughout September. The primary roads were fine. Most places have a decent rock base and don't get too muddy.

When the map shows a 4x4 road, they mean it. There are several extremely rough 4x4 roads that I will not take a full size truck on.

Carry the normal safety gear. Chains, tow strap, saw/axe, shovel, etc.

I've traveled Missionary Ridge throughout September. The primary roads were fine. Most places have a decent rock base and don't get too muddy.

When the map shows a 4x4 road, they mean it. There are several extremely rough 4x4 roads that I will not take a full size truck on.

Carry the normal safety gear. Chains, tow strap, saw/axe, shovel, etc.
I just wrote a question asking if there are any elk in the NF areas or are they all in the wilderness in September? Any advice? Thanks, Eric

Missionary Ridge road is a pretty good road as long as we don't get any early snows. However it is heavily used by road hunters....if you can hunt middle of the week that might help, but it might be worth your time to explore some other parts of the unit. The further you can get from the road the better chance you will have. Good Luck

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back