Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Misc Bird Hunting Pics

BillyGoat

Seems a little slow in this section so I thought I'd share some pics I've posted on another forum from hunting AZ this season. I haven't bagged anything in ID yet this year because of early season distractions, but that should change soon enough. Hope you enjoy & your connections can handle all the pics... :)

Gambels Quail Hunting...

gambels06_birds.jpg

gambels_quail.jpg

Tank Jumping Ducks...

ducks12.jpg

ducks10.jpg

Thanks, guys. I wouldn't call AZ an upland mecca, but it does have a long quail season and excellent hunting if you put the time in to find some good spots and keep your dogs away from cholla & snakes. Nothing can beat mearns hunting over a pointing dog either. :)

Hey AZ402, any more sign of those Cottonwood chukar?

BillyGoat said:
Hey AZ402, any more sign of those Cottonwood chukar?

I haven't been out to that area at all this year. I did see up some chuckar in AZ this year but it was a long way from Cottonwood.

T Bone said:
Great pics. I had no idea that AZ was such an upland game mecca.

It's not really, BG just has a really good dog...who has to work even harder to make up for his master's shooting abilities.:p

BG...Guess you're sneaking out of town before buying me a beer?!?!

BG...Guess you're sneaking out of town before buying me a beer?!?!
Unfortunately yes. We ran out of days on the calender and you were way down at the bottom of the priority list. Guess you'll just have to come up to ID for one. You're welcome anytime - we always have an extra dog crate or two empty for you to sleep in...

Billygoat, I just got invited to AZ in Jan. for Mearns quail hunting for a couple days somewhere south of Benson (which is about 50 miles East of Tucson). I'm thinking of going a couple days early and trying to find some on my own. Can you give me any advice on where to start looking? I'd like to look around the country South of Tucson towards Nogales.

Anyone else here know any places to start looking for Mearns quail in that area?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back