Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

mirriam turkey advice

skimerhorn

I want to do a mirriam turkey trip but not sure where? I was thinking and Nebraska or SD but not sure about where? Can anyone suggest somewhere that has decent population of them. I don't mind waiting to put in for points if I need to. I'm coming from va so would really like to get into some and would rather wait if it would make it better. I just think it would be awesome to get after some in the mountains with the snow still on the ground.

Black Hills in SD are your best bet. Tag is over the counter. Hunt west central or northern Hills (higher elevations) if you're looking for snow during season but you'll find birds throughout the Hills. The bulk of the Hills is public land (Nat'l Forest).

Pine Ridge area of Nebraska has quite a few birds. I think tags are over the counter, not positive. Merriams in north central NE too but I think it's mostly private land.

Last edited:
The Black Hills of SD, as mentioned, is the place to go. I've been out several times between Custer State Park and on north up towards Hill City. We've had no problems finding birds and there were very few hunters anywhere we went. I might make another trip out there this Spring, but I like the last week to ten days of the season to lessen the chance of snow that is very possible the first week or two.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back