MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Minox MD50

MinnesotaHunter

Does anyone have any experience with the Minox MD50 compact spotters? They seem like a really good deal for about $250.

I really want to get a compact spotter, but I am not sure it is worth discontinuing my search for a deal on a Nikon ED50.

I am in the market for a compact spotter as well and have considered the Minox. Everything I have read is the Minox is #2 in the compact space to the Nikon but the Nikon is better, most say by a wide margin.

I know a guy that has the Minox and he likes it for the 3 to 4 bills he saved over the Nikon.

Deals on the Ed50s are pretty slim right now. You are going to have to pay almost retail. I suspect the deals won't show up again until after hunting starts and supply is high again.
Also note that Nikon has a new MCII eyepiece that is 13-40x for the ED50 which I have heard is quite nice but it is not an option in the bundle(only the 13-30x).

If I draw a tag this year where toting a compact scope fits the bill I will likely rent an ED50 for that week. Cost is about $70/week.

I have one. An absolute awesome spotter for the money and like said before, only second to the ED50. I picked up a demo model for $189.

That is exactly what my research had led me to believe. I think I am going to hold off on the MD50 until I need it, and maybe in the meantime I can find my ED50.

Thanks for the info.

Ross

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back