Medium vs Large Seek Outside stove

NVDesertHunter

Hey all,

Currently have the Seek Outside LBO (base w/vestibule) tent and was wondering what size stove you recommend?

Planning to get the LBO tarp extension in the future.

Thanks,

I certainly wouldn’t go large. I have a medium in my tarptent stratospire 2 and it’s plenty. I used it in my Redcliff and it’s not quite enough. The stove takes a surprisingly large amount of room in the tent as well as your pack.

I currently run a medium in my Cimarron with good results. If I was in the market to replace it, I'd order a medium U-turn.

I currently run a medium in my Cimarron with good results. If I was in the market to replace it, I'd order a medium U-turn.

Dan, I have a cimarron and am wanting to buy a stove. I was thinking about getting a large stove. Also, deciding between the U turn and regular. Would consider getting the U turn for any other reason than weight savings?

The U turn is only beneficial if you're looking to reduce weight. The regular will burn longer and hotter because of the pipe diameter and being sealed better with the solid sides instead of foil. Less drafts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back