Meal replacement shakes

Scott85

I’ve been stoveless all year and I don’t miss it for warm/hot weather. I think I want to cut some more weight and looking at replacing one meal with a shake. What are some good recommendations for a meal replacement shake?

I mix Wheat Montana 7 grain cereal with protein powder and put it in a little baggy. At night I put it in a blender bottle and fill it with water. Then when I wake up in the morning I have a bottle of soaked oats and protein powder. It's definitely not gourmet, but it's decent. It's lightweight, quick and easy and it's amazing how sustaining it is.

I do overnight oats as well. Cup of oats, 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder, 3 Tbs of hemp hearts, PB2, and some chia seed for fiber. I also dump in some instant coffee and chocolate covered espresso beans for a caffeine hit. I’ll sometimes dump some instant breakfast in as well to bump up the
calories.

It make it pretty soupy in a shaker bottle, then just suck it down while I hit the trail in to my glassing spot.

I do overnight oats as well. Cup of oats, 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder, 3 Tbs of hemp hearts, PB2, and some chia seed for fiber. I also dump in some instant coffee and chocolate covered espresso beans for a caffeine hit. I’ll sometimes dump some instant breakfast in as well to bump up the
calories.

It make it pretty soupy in a shaker bottle, then just suck it down while I hit the trail in to my glassing spot.
I'm going to have to follow your lead and beef my oats up a little bit. I've used chia seeds, but I'm going to have to try your other add ins.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back