Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Mavrik Air, Kotzebue ?

KC

Considering booking a drop hunt for caribou with Mavrik Air. They fly out of Kotzebue. Anybody flown with them? How did they perform?

KC

KC... I have no personal experience with Maverick Air, but they are one of the outfits that I have heard good things about on the forums..

Are you considering going in on floats or a Supercub drop..??

Pygmy:

I would hope that the pilot has both floats planes and smaller planes with tundra tires, so that he can use the equipment best suited to putting us where he has found caribou. Is that a reasonable expectation?

KC

Is that a reasonable expectation...??... Perhaps, but not necessarily a realistic one... Some air transporters fly floatplanes, some fly wheelplanes...... Some have both, or have arrangements to sub charter one type or the other, but you need to ask, rather than assume ..

I'm fairly familiar with the Mulchatna region, but I'm relatively ignorant regarding the Kotz area... Tundra tired wheelplanes are a definite advantage in the Mulchatna drainage, but may not be as MUCH of an advantage in other areas of Alaska... There are air taxis in Alaska that have good records getting thier hunters into caribou on floats, I'm sure...

Caribou Hunt

I have little experience with Mavrik Air, but have known some guys to get some pretty nice 'bou with Papa Bear out of Bethel. I would maybe check them out too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back