Maui things to do…

Made it to Mamas, arrived around 10:15am, got put on the bar list, came back at 10:50am an we were in.

Definitely worth hitting, cool island vibe with awesome word work. I will say though when I looked at most the entrees on tables they looked pretty "meh". We focused on the appetizers, ahi coconut poke, hamachi, octopus salad and Maui beef and papaya.

We did get the curry entree as it was a recommendation of both bartenders. It stood out compared to the standard fish/steak entrees.

My wife doesn't really like beef, and I like it less and less but the Maui raised beef is outstanding.....what beef should be.

PXL_20220127_213108986.jpgPXL_20220127_213115641.jpgPXL_20220127_214931908.jpgPXL_20220127_214939047.jpg

Definitely strongly consider driving up and doing some of the polipoli trail system. Its a drive, but well worth it. If the winds are good you'll see some people hang gliding. Super cool micro climates and nobody around at all. Also, you got a great recommendation on the La Perouse Bay hike. It's cool just to drive the lava fields on the way out. Leilanis has the best shave ice on the island. Stop at the start if your trip so you can plan accordingly. If you get into Mama's, don't order the beef...you're in Maui! If you want a great cocktail, order an off-menu "Relaxer" and raise a glass for my grandpa. He's been gone 25 years or so, but that was his fave. Maui no ka oi!!

Not saying it isn't amazing (short ribs were to die for and their pork is great too), but it's not called "Mama's Ribeye Ranch." 😉

One more thought... If you find yourself on the PoliPoli trail, check the forest floor from time to time. Never thought I'd ever find a morel mushroom on New Years Eve, but I can check that off my bucket list. Doing a bit of research after the fact I guess it's not that uncommon.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back