PEAX Equipment

Manufacturers of .54 caliber bullets and accessories?

Paul in Idaho

It appears Hornady and Thompson Center both stopped making their .54 lead bullets.

My muzzleloader is a .54 Knight. Here in Idaho, sabots are not allowed and bullets must be lead only, so that limits my options. Most of the discussions about the lack of .54 options I have seen recently suggest casting your own bullets. That's not an ideal solution for me at this time.

I have been using Hornady Great Plains for several years and really like them. Do any of you know of another company making a similar bullet in .54 caliber?

Thanks

--
Older discussion on this topic - https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/54-cal.277736/

It appears Hornady and Thompson Center both stopped making their .54 lead bullets.

My muzzleloader is a .54 Knight. Here in Idaho, sabots are not allowed and bullets must be lead only, so that limits my options. Most of the discussions about the lack of .54 options I have seen recently suggest casting your own bullets. That's not an ideal solution for me at this time.

I have been using Hornady Great Plains for several years and really like them. Do any of you know of another company making a similar bullet in .54 caliber?

Thanks

--
Older discussion on this topic - https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/54-cal.277736/
No Excuses bullets make a 54 cal lead bullet. I thinks it’s 535 grains.

You should look into casting your own. You can get the Lee 54 380gr real bullet mold for like $25. You can get scrap lead at a junkyard for less than $1 a # which will get you 18 380gr bullets. Get yourself a small cast iron or steel pot and some kind of ladle for pouring. You'll also need a black powder suitable lube which is readily available online or you can mix your own. Mine is a mix of lanolin, beeswax, and crisco. I cast my own for my 50 and they shoot pretty good. Be careful though it's addicting. I cast for 30 cal rifles. 32 special. 357, 375 h&h, 44 mag, and .50 cal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back