Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Manti Bulls

Ultrahunter

Hey guys its been awhile! So i lucked out and pulled a Late Manti bull tag. Just wondering if anyone has hunted it and if there were a few pics out there or an idea off what kind of bulls to expect. Im not asking for spots or any of the usual "give me help" posts we all hate. Just excited about the tag and wondering if anyone had any pics or stories to share on the hunt. Anyway ill try to be better about contributing again and wish you all luck with your summer scouting!

good luck! look forward to pics from your hunt! I apply there for muzzy elk tag

My older brother drew that hunt last November. It was an interesting hunt because we have never hunted elk in November. The weather was bipolar, opening day was really warm and the elk were in the high elevation and were bugling which surprised us. Saw lots of cows and few nice bulls in the 300 to 330 range. Put the stock on but never connected. Towards the end of the hunt the weather changed. It snowed about 12" and the highs was in the 20s. We thought the snow would be a blessing and so did the houndsman chasing mountain lions in the same canyon we were in. To make a long story short we ended not getting an elk. But we sure had a fun time chasing elk and watching the mule deer rut.

PM me and I can give you a couple areas to check out.
I'll tell you right now, The big bulls are in nasty spots that time of year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back