Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Making Roasted Venison

DaveHawk

I have 2 venison hams smoking all day . Just about @ 150 deg's and will be removed and sliced into roast Bambi slivers. I marinaded the meat for 48 hours.

20121107_153623.jpg

20121107_153806.jpg

John besides Soy as the base, liq. smoke, some hot stuff, garlic, seasonings of sorts. This is the 2nd batch. My son will use the slicer tomorrow. He also will take some of this and make jerky.

Nice UDS. I like to smoke mine for about 2hrs at 200 degrees then wrap them in a foil pan with some Italian Dressing and let it go for another 4hrs or so. They come out so good. Looking at that pic makes me want to go and light my UDS and put some bacon wrapped backstrap in it. Thanks for sharing.

I can smell the smoke rolling off that grill.. That would go good with some baked beans and buttered bread. Looks delicious

Yep... Just drooled on my desk. How long would you smoke backstraps for. I've never done it because I was afraid to ruin them

That slicer i bought from an old friend for 200. There is a used shop here in gaithersburg that carries them. I can drop in and check some prices for ya. ?

That slicer i bought from an old friend for 200. There is a used shop here in gaithersburg that carries them. I can drop in and check some prices for ya. ?

Yeah. That would be cool. Won't be in a position to buy till after the holidays but would give me an idea. Thank you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back