Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Mac Studio Capabilities (Calling all creatives & mapping contractors)

MtnElk

Not sure if this is the thread for this, but given there are 31k+ members on here, hoping someone can share their experience directly vs relying on review articles.

Thinking of getting a new Mac Studio with the M1 Max chip and wondering what creatives / heavy browser / heavy mapping users think of it so far. Nearly all of my work is browser based, so I want something that flies. Especially when I am using heavy apps like GoHunt, OnX, Adobe, QBO

Anyone using Mac Studio build that can share how they are liking it?

Adobe CC Premiere Pro runs great on my MSI laptop. A good processor, video card and sufficient ram is all you need. Good on Mac OS or Windows. The Studio is overkill in my opinion, but if you have the money, it doesn't hurt to buy too much computer!

Thinking of getting a new Mac Studio with the M1 Max chip and wondering what creatives / heavy browser / heavy mapping users think of it so far. Nearly all of my work is browser based, so I want something that flies. Especially when I am using heavy apps like GoHunt, OnX, Adobe, QBO
Honestly I'm not sure how much it matters... I have a Xeon Silver with 16 cores, 128 gb of ram, NVIDIA quadro RTX 4000 graphics card, I don't feel like it's that much better at running OnX then my 2010 macbook pro... 🤷‍♂️

Honestly I'm not sure how much it matters... I have a Xeon Silver with 16 cores, 128 gb of ram, NVIDIA quadro RTX 4000 graphics card, I don't feel like it's that much better at running OnX then my 2010 macbook pro... 🤷‍♂️
Well there goes my argument for a new computer haha

If you're using web /SAS products the computing has been offloaded to the hosted server. Then you're looking to maximize browser speed. For that, you need fast internet and RAM for caching.

If you're using web /SAS products the computing has been offloaded to the hosted server. Then you're looking to maximize browser speed. For that, you need fast internet and RAM for caching.
Yeah exactly, I find the limiting factor to be more the services themselves more than anything else.

Also chrome has a 4gb ram limit per tab... not sure the max on other browsers.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back