MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Luepold Compact Spotting Scope

jnagel32

I am thinking about purchasing a Leupold GR Compact 15-30x50 spotting scope for backpack type hunting. Does anyone here have any experience with this scope?

I like mine. Reasonable glass and light enough that it actually goes with you. I get tired of packing the larger scopes and leave them in camp eventually.

I have one and I like it. It fits in my backpack and I've been happy with the clarity on the higher power settings. Mine is probably 5 years old. Can you find any online reviews for this one?

I've found a couple reviews, but the most helpful has been on a birding forum. Was just wondering if anyone has used them and how they perform from a hunting POV? Have you ever compared them to the Vortex Razor HD 11-33x50? I know people speak highly of those but they are considerably more expensive than the Leupold....

I have had both the leupold and the vortex. Personally I think the price difference is about right for the quality difference. I have the vortex now and like it for what it is. Though, i now find myself leaving it in favor of the 15x bino a lot......

I have one and I really like it. But, I suspect I would be considered biased.

I have a Minox MD50 which is similar in size. I have only used it for range work and early season whitetail scouting over ag fields. It works for me and I think I only paid about $225-$250 for it.

I have a Nikon ed-50 and really like it for size and weight,i imagine the leopold is in the same ball park.I use it more than my big spotting scopes.

I like the fact that the Leupold has a cap over the objective lens that is threaded and it stays in place well providing good protection. Not sure on the Vortex, but have heard good things about them as well. I use mine Leupold on all my hunting trips and have had no issues with it

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfan99
Back