NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Love spring Bear Hunting!!!

Having hunted behind hounds a couple of times for 'coons, I gotta believe that was a FUN hunt and a nice bear to boot!

Putm2sleep, I use a thunderhead 100gr broadhead. I usually shoot g5 montec but not sure I like either one! Open for suggestions on a great broadhead in the 100gr to use.

Muzzy MX-4. Lots complain that they have accuracy issues but I've found it's a matter of assembly. If you put them together right mine have flown true as a field point

Fowladdict1, it is a lot of fun to run dogs. I love to do all types of bear hunting it just depends on how much time I have. I have baited in the past lots of times and boy does it take it up! It is rewarding though when you get them in and can watch them do there thing. Little crazy when they try and climb the tree with you though! The dogs are a blast also. If you are in a good area it doesn't take to long for and you to tree one. My buddy puts in a ton of time training and also running them. He puts out baits also. My hat is off to him!!!! Time and effert is what it takes for good dogs n he's got them! I did have a blast that day. Thanks again.

Nice bear, looks like a heck of a good time, there's not much that can compare to watching dogs do what they were bred and trained to do.

Thanks guys. We let 10 dogs out that morining and off to the races they went. As we watched from afar the dogs split with 9 going north and 1 going south. So we thought for sure the nine would tree first. The nine ran over 5 miles and never could tree the bruin. It took us about three hours trying to round them up, while the one dog showed treed multiple times. He is a very young dog also. After getting all nine dogs round up we went after the last one. He was about 3/4 of a mile off the road wondering what was taking us so long! :).. When we finially made it to him this big boy was 24 yards up a huge tree. All I could say was give that dog a shot of double milk bone. It was a good time.

Thanks guys. We let 10 dogs out that morining and off to the races they went. As we watched from afar the dogs split with 9 going north and 1 going south. So we thought for sure the nine would tree first. The nine ran over 5 miles and never could tree the bruin. It took us about three hours trying to round them up, while the one dog showed treed multiple times. He is a very young dog also. After getting all nine dogs round up we went after the last one. He was about 3/4 of a mile off the road wondering what was taking us so long! :).. When we finially made it to him this big boy was 24 yards up a huge tree. All I could say was give that dog a shot of double milk bone. It was a good time.

HA! That reminds me of a time when I was just a kid, I was pheasant hunting with my dad and grandpa. My grandpa had an experienced brittnay and my dad had a pup. The experienced dog trotted right on by while my dad's pup pointed. I remember my grandpa saying "It must be a mouse" since his dog would have pointed if there was a pheasant there...Seconds later a rooster flushes and my dad's pup is bringing back the rooster to my dad.

Thanks everyone, I am hoping to get my wife out soon if the weather warm up a little. She doesn't really do cold so praying for sunny skies and another bear. Will post pictures if it happens.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back