Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Louisiana Hunts 20-21

I hunted yesterday morning and evening with about a 4 hour break in the middle of the day for Christmas Dinner.

In the morning I saw 3 bucks including the huge buck I missed earlier in the season. He was 350 yards and didn't present a good angle so I had to watch him walk away.

In the evening I saw 2 does and a 14 inch spike.

I skipped this morning because of an alarm snafu. Somehow changed the setting on the phone to exclude my 4:30 AM alarm on the weekend. I am feeding sheep and then headed back out this evening.

I didn't hunt today. Put out the usual Monday morning fires at work in the morning and broke the buck down into roasts and loose meat and put him in the deep freeze in the afternoon.

Now me and the boy-o are about to have a little feast of deer heart and sautéed squash.

I need to check the “Live Hunts” forum more often, apparently. I missed this when it started, but you ended up with a hell of a nice deer @Shangobango. Congratulations man!
Thanks! It has been a wild ride so far this season. My first mule deer in November and now this buck which is the largest bodied and antlered that I have taken on our land where I have been hunting practically since I was old enough to go it alone. I am feeling very fortunate.

I had bobbed when I should have weaved this morning.

Crossing a creek before daylight. Was literally a quarter inch too deep. That is plenty. Water meet inside of right boot. Wowzers....

5F131622-735B-46E7-918D-0F9670C00140.jpeg

Okey Dokey. Im back at the camp. I have 9 days off counting today. I hope to have some excitement to share.

Here is a new setup I am trying out: I have used a climber for years with some hang ons thrown in here and there. I am going to try the whole hang and hunt with a hang on thing this trip. Stand and all my gear, food, water, and outer layer for sitting came in a 43.5 pounds this morning. I’d like to trim some weight off of that but I can’t see cutting more than a couple of pounds tops.
83C67001-7B29-460D-B008-98112CDB038B.jpeg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back