Looking for western hunting partner

From Virginia here. Fairly new to this forum. Looking for a western hunting partner. Interested in starting with Elk but I plan to start accumulating points in other states this year. Prefer backpack style hunting. Would be open to pretty much any state, would really like to try Montana. I’ve never hunted out west before but plan on trying to go once per year starting in September 2020.
I am looking for a archery elk partner for this year and years to come as well. It’s just not as much fun solo. Please pm me if you’re still looking. Thanks

I'm in the process of moving to WV from VA which is where I'm from too. Any luck on your search?
Nope. Not surprising tho. Hunting is a social sport best enjoyed amongst friends and family. My problem is most of my hunting friends are either not in good enough physical condition to actually go on an elk hunt at altitude, or they’re just not interested. Even my brother bailed on me last year two weeks before our hunt.

From Virginia here. Fairly new to this forum. Looking for a western hunting partner. Interested in starting with Elk but I plan to start accumulating points in other states this year. Prefer backpack style hunting. Would be open to pretty much any state, would really like to try Montana. I’ve never hunted out west before but plan on trying to go once per year starting in September 2020.
I am an experienced archery elk hunter who does everything DIY in the backcountry. I plan on hunting September 13th - September 18th near Fraser, CO. I will provide most of the equipment and an amazing experience. There is so much land to cover and I have been hunting alone for the past 5 years. This is a super tough hunt at 10,000 ft and requires you to be prepared physically. It would be great to make a new connection. Let's talk. The tag is about $700 for an out of state, over the counter, either sex archery tag. Todd

I am an experienced archery elk hunter who does everything DIY in the backcountry. I plan on hunting September 13th - September 18th near Fraser, CO. I will provide most of the equipment and an amazing experience. There is so much land to cover and I have been hunting alone for the past 5 years. This is a super tough hunt at 10,000 ft and requires you to be prepared physically. It would be great to make a new connection. Let's talk. The tag is about $700 for an out of state, over the counter, either sex archery tag. Todd
Thanks Todd but I actually picked up a 1st rifle tag for The NW portion of the state this year. Any experience in the Flat Tops area?

I am looking for a archery elk partner for this year and years to come as well. It’s just not as much fun solo. Please pm me if you’re still looking. Thanks
I am also looking for an archery elk partner for out west. I cant do this year. Have you found anyone?

Still haven't made a connection. Talked to a couple of guys but nobody willing to follow through. I guess they get scared away when I explain my methods!

Welcome to the forum guys.
I am in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. I try to hunt Wyoming every other year. Can't afford a every year trip.
I struggle to get a regular hunting partner , for just local outings, much less travel out west.
My advice to all of you is simply this.
I wish I had started going sooner and I deeply regret waiting for buddies to get on board all those years past.
Life is short.
Time to hunt is shorter yet.
Best time to go is as soon as finance and time off work allows.
Hope you a the best of luck.

No it doesn’t allow me to pm you either
Welcome to the forum guys.
I am in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. I try to hunt Wyoming every other year. Can't afford a every year trip.
I struggle to get a regular hunting partner , for just local outings, much less travel out west.
My advice to all of you is simply this.
I wish I had started going sooner and I deeply regret waiting for buddies to get on board all those years past.
Life is short.
Time to hunt is shorter yet.
Best time to go is as soon as finance and time off work allows.
Hope you a the best of luck.
What part of the eastern panhandle? I'm in the Shenandoah Valley in Va. My plan is to get on an every other year trip out west. Its just tough finding people who hunt the same way and have the same goals.

What part of the eastern panhandle? I'm in the Shenandoah Valley in Va. My plan is to get on an every other year trip out west. Its just tough finding people who hunt the same way and have the same goals.
I'm just north of you.
Augusta, West Virginia. 40 min. from Winchester.

May be going in 2022 for Elk if I can draw a tag. If no elk tag then probably antelope or possibly both.
Will be October rifle hunt.

I'm just north of you.
Augusta, West Virginia. 40 min. from Winchester.
I know exactly where you are. I do some hunting just a few minutes east of you. Sometimes we go get dinner at the pizza place across from the fire department.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back