Looking for some advice

OhioHunter

So im hunting in ohio and am debating a couple things.
1. First is that i dunno if it is to late for a food plot my bucks are just growing there antlers and there are about three of them im going off hear say cause im not here all the time, but im putting the camera up tomorrow. And where should i put the food plot i hunt along a fence outside my house right near my corn feeder. dont think it will be that big but just wondering.

2. im going to get my bow tuned this weekend at Gander Mountain in cleveland and wondering if i should just get it paper tuned. Also should i get a pep sight? Which bow tune should i get.

Basic Tune – Includes:
Safety check, tune rest & tiller,
adjust weight, wax string and
check nock

or

Complete Tune – Includes:
Safety check, tune rest & tiller,
adjust weight, wax string, total bow
disassemble, lube axles and limb
pockets and check timing

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I can't answer anything about your food plot question. Being from the West we just don't see or do that. No help there sorry. As far as the bow I would go with number 1 unless your nervous about something being not safe. Good Luck.

Welcome OH. I would say yes on the peep. I never shot a peep until a couple months ago and I have seen my consistancy improve greatly. I also installed a drop-away, so they may have helped some as well. Good luck and good hunting.

not sure what part of the state you are in, but probably a little late to be doing a food plot. BUT, with that being said, in the next month or so, you can get a decent alfalfa plot going. in addition to the alfalfa, you might want to throw some turnip seeds out there. deer love to dig them up and eat them after the first frost. also depends on what you have around you. make the food plot something of a treat for the deer. if you have beans and corn fields around you, there would be nothing special about that type plot. forget all the trophy rack this and trophy rack that. stick with alfalfa if there aren't any big fields of it in your area. and as someone else said, get a minral block. not a salt block. deer will come back to a mineral lick year after year. posted pics of a couple at my block in the deer section.

get the peep site. you won't be dissappointed with it. next, paper tune the bow yourself. if you want, can post the instructions for you. easy to do. if you don't have the time, go with the bigger package you mentioned. just remember that the folks working at cabelas and bass pro are not bow experts. would recommend you go to a local bow shop if you have one near you.

Go with the peep as it provides another point of reference to consistently anchor your bow. Expect to adjust your site after installing it, this is normal as the proper placement of the peep may cause you to adjust your form.

As TLC suggested, it would be good practice to paper tune your bow. You can make a "paper tuning rack" out of a newspaper and a couple of dowels.

As far as bow tune #1 v. #2, if it is a two-cam bow I would definitely have the more expensive tune where they make sure your cam timing is synced (mis-timed cams will give you fits). I wouldn't worry too terribly much about the limb pockets or axles otherwise, but the cam timing is definitely worth it.

After you get your bow back...

Practice!!!

Practice!!!

Practice!!!

This is the best medicine of all in understanding your bow and any thing that starts to go wrong

I would highly recommend paper tuning . That will tune/adjust the other half of the machine (you) to the tuned ( just checked for specs actually ) bow . Then you will be as one .

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back