MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Looking for cheaper prices???

Farmerj

Years back, I got my Curio & Relics FFL. I used it to gain access to a lot of wholesale suppliers like midwayUSA, brownells, Graf and Sons, Midsouth shooters, and a few other places.

Those accounts it turns out are still active it seems despite a 14+ year break from using some of them.

A suggestion for anyone is spend the $30 for your class 3 C&R FFL. Then simply create an account and ask for a dealers account with the wholesaler. Send in a copy of the FFL with it.

Enjoy a substantial savings in components over a retail website.

I can’t say what “substantial “ it. Different items have different markups.

I’ve seen some of my accounts cost me $28-30 per pound vs $40-50 per pound retail stores/website.

You ultimately won’t save money with this type FFL. I constantly had fliers and emails sharing cheap Class 3 firearms sent to me. The added benefit is, since you ARE the FFL, you can send and receive these directly to your home.

Interesting!
Thanks for posting this!

Although i need to do more reading/research on it.

I wonder how this type of FFL would interact with purchases of modern firearms.
Everytime i buy something it takes 1-1/2 to 2 hours for my background check to go through.
My friend can buy something at the same time & his goes through before he's done filling out his paperwork.

Interesting!
Thanks for posting this!

Although i need to do more reading/research on it.

I wonder how this type of FFL would interact with purchases of modern firearms.
Everytime i buy something it takes 1-1/2 to 2 hours for my background check to go through.
My friend can buy something at the same time & his goes through before he's done filling out his paperwork.

No clue. I always get delays due to a messy divorce. Never considered that angle.

Otherwise there’s the BATF UPIN (personal identification number) you can apply and get for that purpose.

Ok, here's what i came up with for a UPIN.

Local PD to get finger printed. Fill out application & send both to FBI.
Unsure if picture involved also.

Less the government knows about me, the better.

Ok, here's what i came up with for a UPIN.

Local PD to get finger printed. Fill out application & send both to FBI.
Unsure if picture involved also.

Less the government knows about me, the better.
Yop.

Why I haven’t done a UPIN either.

Like it really matters since they have it from 3 security clearances, a twic card, hazmat endorsement and a prior FFL.

Doesn’t an FFL have to give permission to search their “store” by LE at any time and unannounced, and if they have no storefront then it is their home, i.e. the address on the license?

Doesn’t an FFL have to give permission to search their “store” by LE at any time and unannounced, and if they have no storefront then it is their home, i.e. the address on the license?
C&R I for personal collection only. It only covers certain firearms, there's not even an interview process with the ATF.
I'm surprised companies are giving discounts for having it since it's only for personal use.

I don't think the manufacturers or the distributors/wholesalers look at what type of FFL you have. Only that you HAVE an FFL.

And does having a curio or relic mean you don't want to shoot it?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back