Looking for Budget-Friendly Backpacking Tent 2-Person for October WY/CO Elk Hunting

matechakeric

I'm looking for a good tent that would be suitable for backpack hunting and be warm enough (and sturdy enough against strong wind) to at least not be terrible for October WY & CO elk hunts

Preferably priced at or under $200

Check REI. Members get 20% off any full price item right now til the 31st, and some other bigger sales on a handful of things. I’ve saved over $250 on a few pieces for my hunt this year. Multiple orders and you ge the discount each time ;)

For cold weather you want a tent that has very little bug screen or else the ability to zip close the bug screen. You only want a small window at both ends to allow cross ventilation to prevent condensation.
I sell a few used tents on eBay under the name Proverbios22-1

Lots of options. Just an FYI, none are warm. They all have the same "r" value. A nylon tent is a nylon tent. Gtv

Good luck on your hunt
I mean do you need to rely on the tent for warmth? that's what sleeping bags, pads, and clothing is for I thought

I mean do you need to rely on the tent for warmth? that's what sleeping bags, pads, and clothing is for I thought
The point is as long as tents X, Y and Z adequately reduce convective cooling away from your personal ecosystem inside, it's largely the same in terms of "warmth". If it holds up enough to do that and keep you dry in the variety of weather you'll encounter it'll work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back