Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Looking for book recommendations

jlong17

I’m looking for some recommendations on rifle shooting books. Something that covers selection, care/maintenance, and dialing in hunting rifles. I’ve always been a surface level marksman, so I’m looking to step up my game and knowledge. I’d like to get to the point of reloading my own stuff, but one step at a time. Thanks in advance!

I’ve got a few stacks at home of blooms in this topic! I’ll try to follow-up with titles I’d recommend later.

Ya I figured they were old books when I saw the prices guys on Amazon were asking for them!

Check used book stores. I’ve found a dozen or so O’Connor books at places like that for $5-$10 multiple times. I like his style of writing and the completeness in information. He’s biased but you won’t find a gun writer who isn’t. I’ve also found a lot of good stuff from Craig Boddington, Layne Simpson and many others I grew up reading in the gun/hunting magazines in the 90’s-early 2000’s.

Ya I figured they were old books when I saw the prices guys on Amazon were asking for them!
Not too bad if you poke around a little:

Ryan Cleckner is very knowledgeable, in my opinion. His book Long Range Shooting Handbook is fantastic, and he gives a portion of the proceeds to military charities. He's been on a few podcasts and even though this particular tome speaks to long range shooting, his knowledge and instruction for setting up a rifle I found very helpful.

Elmer Keith’s “Big Game Hunting” is a great one, I read it once. A year ago from Amazon, I bought Great Hunting Rifles: Victorian to the Present by Terry Wieland I like it the most among others I’ve read on the topic. Honestly, I was not a big fan of reading, I even had problems at university because of it. At that time we had to read a large amount of books and write essays, I was making a big effort on myself but I found a good solution https://edubirdie.com/examples/the-great-gatsby/ and didn't spend too much time. I’m not fond of hunting literature, mostly I prefer to read some classic novels. The one I read years ago and I’m ready to recommend to everyone is The Great Gatsby by Francis Scott Fitzgerald, there is an intriguing variety of weaponry mentioned throughout.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back